Online Certificate Course: Managing Plastic Waste
The world generates a whopping 275 million tonne of plastic waste annually. Over 50 per cent of the plastic that is manufactured for single-use packaging, finds its way into the municipal solid waste stream. Globally, of all the plastics that have been produced, only 9 per cent is recycled; about 12 per cent is incinerated. The rest is simply dumped, and a considerable amount of this plastic ends up polluting our environment – our land, our waterbodies and the air.
In India, an estimated 25,940 tonne of plastic waste is generated every day. Reportedly, the plastic recycling rate in India is 60 per cent. The remaining 40 per cent ends up in the environment.
The Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) 2.0 provides a clear mandate to cities to increase segregation, collection and processing efficiency of plastic waste with the objective of recovering maximum value out of it. Urban local bodies have been given directives to prepare their City Solid Waste Action Plans (CSWAP) with special focus on plastic waste management. Financial assistance has also been committed by the Government of India. In addition, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has introduced a series of notifications on single-use plastics, plastic recycling and draft extended producer responsibility (EPR) to strengthen the mandate of SBM.
In view of this, Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), which has been working on guiding policy on the issue of managing this waste sustainably, Invites registrations for its weeklong online training programme on plastic waste management. The programme is based on CSE’s recognition of the need to adopt resource-efficient waste management regimes.
FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Solid Waste Management Unit, CSE
|Last Date For Registration||Jan 25, 2022|
Fee: INR 20,000.00| Location: AAETI
Dates: 15 Feb 2022to18 Feb 2022
Last Date to Register: 10 Feb 2022
Fee: Free | Location: Tuglakabad
Dates: 22 Feb 2022to25 Feb 2022
Last Date to Register: 15 Feb 2022
Fee: INR 19,800.00| Location: AAETI
Dates: 15 Feb 2022to15 Feb 2022
Last Date to Register: 22 Feb 2022